Allowing users to create new content, such as images, text, code, music, or video. Generative AI has recently been turbocharged by increased data availability, lower storage and processing costs and developments in generative modelling algorithms such as transformer architectures and diffusions models.
These tools are beneficial across industries, including software development, media and entertainment, education, and research. They can enhance productivity, creativity, innovation, accessibility, and entertainment.
But generative AI also comes with some legal challenges and risks that need to be addressed carefully and proactively e.g. who owns the rights to the generated content? How can you protect and enforce these rights or avoid infringing the rights of others? How can you ensure that the personal data used to train or input into generative AI tools is processed lawfully and securely? How can you ensure that the generated content is accurate, reliable, and fit for purpose? How can you prevent or mitigate any negative impacts of generative AI tools?
These are not easy questions to answer. Our deep understanding of the technology and the law combined with a forward-thinking and pragmatic approach can help you with all aspects of deploying and developing generative AI in your organisation.
Our Lawyers can help you with:
- Intellectual Property: Protecting generative AI systems and their outputs. We can also help you avoid or resolve disputes over intellectual property infringement or misuse.
- Data Protection: Compliance with the data protection laws and regulations that apply to your use and development of generative AI tools.
- Regulation: As experts in the regulatory environment for generative AI, we can help you navigate existing and emerging regulation and codes of conduct in whichever sector you operate.
- Contracting for generative AI: Craft contractual relationships which allow you to acquire, develop or commercialise generative AI successfully and with effective risk management.
- Generative AI in corporate transactions: We understand the building blocks of generative AI and the legal issues it creates and are experts in corporate transactions where the technology forms a key part of deal value.
- Ethics and responsibility: We can help you use generative AI tools in a way that respects human dignity, values, and interests by crafting policies and guidelines for its use. We can also help you promote accountability and transparency in generative AI development and use.
If you want to learn more about how we can help you with generative AI, get in touch with a member of our team of Lawyers.