These digital assets are often essential to the effective understanding, management, operation and growth of organisations, and at the forefront of their thinking as they look ahead to a world of interconnected devices and ultrafast connectivity. Good digital asset management is commonly a core component of compliance and positive reputation management in regulated industries - at a time of intensifying regulatory activity in digital asset governance. Investors, buyers and financiers are taking an increasingly keen interest in how digital assets can be leveraged, and many businesses – especially those that are strongly digital - are progressively valued on the scale and potential of their digital assets rather than purely traditional metrics.
Our expertise in Digital Rights & Assets
Our Digital Rights & Assets group brings together experts from across our firm including IP, commercial, corporate, finance, regulatory, competition, data protection, dispute resolution and tax. It focusses on assisting clients across all sectors and countries to develop, build and implement effective digital rights and assets strategies and to protect and monetise their key digital assets.
Our expertise covers:
- all forms of digital assets, including business data, analytics and digital information, audio, video, text and images, non-fungible tokens and digital content used in virtual, augmented and mixed reality,
- the creation, management, exploitation and protection of digital rights and assets, relevant technologies, including blockchain, tokensation, AI, and the cloud ecosystem and digital security,
- general and sector-specific regulatory issues, including national and international data, trade and competition policy,
- the prevention and resolution of disputes relating to digital rights and assets and the management and protection of digital reputations, and
- specialist corporate transactional, financing, digital currency and tax services to digital asset-rich businesses (including the trading of non-fungible tokens linked to both digital and physical assets).