International law firm Bird & Bird's Gambling group has supported betting and gaming industry not-for-profit The All-in Diversity Project on its augural report on the sector's workforce.
The All-Index™ seeks to benchmark diversity, equality and inclusion across the global betting and gaming industry by collecting data on people, corporate governance, internal policies, recruitment practices, equal pay, employment legislation, company benefits and advocacy.
Bird & Bird is a strategic partner of the All-in Diversity Project, which includes the Bird & Bird team providing legal support to the All-in Diversity Project.
Whilst initial results confirm the sector is not immune from the same 'leaky pipeline' experienced in other industries, it does appear to buck the trend in some key areas. Key findings from the inaugural survey include:
• The betting and gambling sector surpasses UK and US national averages with 28% women on Boards.
• Of the 117,231 surveyed, 46.5% of employees identified as female.
• With respect to job roles, 21% of 'tech' employees were identified as female, slightly higher than UK and US averages.
• Some job roles were dominated by women: 61% of Finance employees were female, 54% of Legal & Compliance were female, 75% of Human Resources and People Management employees were female.
• Some usually male dominated areas had perhaps a surprising number of women: 18% of Risk Management employees were female and 17% of IT employees were female
Kelly Kehn, Co-Founder of the All-in Diversity Project says:
"This is the first initiative on this topic where the sector has collaborated on a global scale, and we are very pleased with the end result. Those who have signed up believe in the need for collaboration and transparency in order to build a more diverse and inclusive workforce for the future."
Christina Thakor-Rankin, Co-Founder of the All-in Diversity Project adds:
"Whilst diversity surveys per se are not new, this to, the best of our knowledge, is the very first initiative which seeks to measure all forms of diversity across a whole sector on a global basis. We know there will be challenges along the way, but by choosing to collaborate and share best practice we hope to drive long-term impactful change in our sector, and in doing so perhaps provide a blueprint for others."
Andy Danson, Partner at Bird & Bird says:
"As a firm committed to diversity and to our gambling sector clients, we have been delighted to support this initiative since its inception. This first All-Index report is a terrific starting point which the gambling industry can use to help understand where the issues lie, what can best be done to address those issues and, over time, measure its success."
Bird & Bird have advised 88 Energy Limited on its plan to raise A$9.9 million
Nov 29 2023
Bird & Bird advises Nordic Alpha Partners on its acquisition of a majority stake in Airwatergreen Group AB
Nov 29 2023
Bird & Bird advised Mrec Investment Management Oy on a development project
Nov 27 2023