Today, 1 June 2020, marks the third anniversary of the Chinese Cyber Security Law (CSL), while a few days ago, 25 May 2020, marked the second anniversary of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the EU's cornerstone data protection law. Both legislations have changed the regulatory landscape in China and Europe.
Data privacy touches all aspects of a business, perhaps none more so than HR and employee management where those responsible will necessarily be handling and managing significant amounts of personal, and sometimes fairly sensitive data.
In this webinar we will look at managing staff data in Mainland China from recruitment to termination with a focus on the legal framework, obligations and challenges faced by businesses, as well as the implications of the GDPR in Mainland China. In particular, we will look at the following issues:
• Legal framework and key concepts
• The obligations in respect of staff data collection, data subject requests, data security, and the retention and transfer of data
• Considerations for employee monitoring and BYOD
• The penalties for failure to comply with the various data protection obligations
• The implications of the GDPR for employers in China and the circumstances in which they will need to comply with the GDPR, and the impact of Brexit.
You can view the webinar recording by clicking here. Feel free to share the link with your colleagues.