Our Renewables & Cleantech Team advise commercial and public sector organisations on a wide range of legal issues within the renewables and cleantech sector including advice on the use of carbon credits and trading schemes, solar and wind feed-in tariffs, unbundling of European energy supplies and protection and maximisation of intellectual property assets.
Our clients include many organisations who are developing or investing in projects and technological solutions to the challenges presented by the combined forces of climate change and energy security. We advise these clients on a wide range of issues such as corporate work, projects, intellectual property, regulatory, commercial contracts and dispute resolution.
Our dedicated renewables & cleantech team acts for:
- Funders, including banks and private equity
- Local authorities / Government bodies
- EPC contractors
- Corporate purchasers of renewable energy
We provide advice to clients working in:
- Onshore and offshore wind
- Wave and tidal power
- Hydro power
- Energy from waste
- Transmission systems including subsea cables
- Carbon capture and trading.
Our team also has a passion for advising on the hot topics that arise in this fast paced and changing sector, including:
- Corporate Power Purchase Agreements (Corporate PPAs)
- Integration of storage with renewables technologies
- Innovative renewables financing structures, such as vendor financing and forward financing
- Grid sharing arrangements
- Regulatory advice, for example renewable benefits eligibility or financial services regulation of corporate PPAs
- Technology development agreements
If you'd like to know more about how we can help take your business further, please get in touch with Elizabeth Reid in London, or Sophie Dingenen in The Hague.