Bird & Bird was delighted to take home the award for "UK Firm of the Year for Trade Mark Contentious Work" at Managing Intellectual Property's Global Awards, which were held on 10 March at the Savoy Hotel in London. This award follows a busy year for the trade mark team, which has had great success on recent judgments, including Merck KGaA v Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp (MSD) and Mattel v Zynga, which reached the UK Court of Appeal.
On hand to collect the award were key team members of the firm's trade mark practice: partners Peter Brownlow, Allan Poulter and Mark Holah, Senior Associate Nick Aries, Trade Mark Attorney Patricia Collis and Associate Ahalya Nambiar. Also present to celebrate with the team were clients from Fabergé, Nestlé, Kingfisher and the FA.
We were also nominated for a further twelve prizes:
- Belgium - Firm of the Year for IP Contentious Work
- Germany - Firm of the Year for IP Contentious Work
- Italy - Firm of the Year for IP Contentious Work
- Spain - Firm of the Year for IP Contentious Work
- United Kingdom - Firm of the Year for Patent Contentious Work
- European Copyright Firm of the Year
- European Trade mark Firm of the Year
- European Patent Firm of the Year
- China foreign - Law Firm of the Year
- Hong Kong - Law Firm of the Year
- Singapore - Firm of the Year for IP Prosecution
- Singapore - Firm of the Year for IP Contentious Work
Now in their 11th year, the prestigious MIP Awards recognise those firms which have accomplished the most innovative and challenging IP work of the past year, across all the major jurisdictions. At last year's 10th anniversary awards ceremony, we were named "Law Firm of the Decade – Europe".