Welcome to the July - September edition of our UK & EU data protection bulletin.
The highlights of this bulletin are:
Download the PDF >
- The ICO publishes updated guidance on data transfers and the European Commission launches its adoption of its adequacy decision on Japan.
- The ICO has launched a call for evidence on creating a "regulatory sandbox" as a safe space where organisations are supported to develop innovative products and services using personal data in a safe way. The call for evidence closes on 12 October.
- Secondary legislation has been implemented to bring into force certain elements of the Investigatory Powers Act 2016 relating to the Secretary of State's powers to issue warrants to acquire communications data.
- New Government GDPR toolkits for schools and codes of conduct for data driven health care technology.
- The CJEU issues another decision confirming a broad interpretation of joint controllership, this time in the Jehovah's Witness community.