There are more than 45 specialist lawyers working together on aircraft transactions across our international network, with core teams in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Dubai, Singapore and Hong Kong.
We work as one global team to achieve your objectives, and we work closely with our corporate, tax, derivatives, insolvency, litigation and regulatory practices to offer full-service capabilities to the sector. Our team is united by a genuine passion and enthusiasm for the aviation industry.
Our wider Aerospace team advises on all types of technical and commercial agreements in the sector, including aero-engine procurement, Rolls-Royce OPERAs, MRO GTAs and PBH. We draw on their technical expertise when negotiating transaction documentation, helping identify the valuable points and getting you the best commercial deal available.
We work with financial institutions, equity investors, arrangers, leasing companies and airlines on a broad range of transaction types. This gives an insight into the threshold requirements of all transaction parties, helping us close your deals efficiently and on market terms.
We have one of the world's leading technology practices and use technology to streamline transaction management, including shared online spaces, virtual closing rooms, document automation and dedicated client portals via twoBirds Client Solutions. We believe we are ideally placed to help you with the next technology-driven step change in your industry.
We are familiar with all transaction types in the sector
- Commercial debt financing
- Warehouse financing
- Operating leases
- Export credit agency (ECA) supported financing
- Operating lease financing, on a limited or full recourse basis
- Structured finance products, including establishing debt and equity funding platforms
- Tax leasing, including JOLCO/JOL, French and Swedish leases
- Portfolio transfer and financing
- Pre-delivery payment (PDP) financing
- Asset-backed capital markets products
- Islamic financing
- Joint venture programmes
- Secondary debt trading, including loan portfolio acquisitions, disposals and restructurings
- Remarketing and asset management
- Restructurings and work-outs