We appreciate that our clients in the Aviation & Defence sectors have been particularly hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
These sessions, delivered by the engaging and highly regarded partner Andrew White, with support and context from Aviation & Defence sector lawyers, will include a mix of:
- restatement of essentials
- case illustrations and examples
- some practical take-aways
Please join us for the fourth in our series:
Limitation of liability (part 1)
Many of our clients find themselves in breach of contract or with counterparties in breach. There has never been a more important time to understand what liabilities can and cannot be limited in different types of contract in the sector and how to get the drafting right.
Following on from recent sessions on force majeure and frustration of contracts, good faith, and interpreting agreements, the topic of our next two sessions is limitation of liability. On 2 February we’ll provide a deep dive on:
- Limiting liability and reducing risk: freedom of contract under English law
- Three techniques for limiting liability: managing obligations, defining processes and limiting remedies, and
- ‘Fairness’ and ‘reasonableness’ issues under English law, and
- How the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 (UCTA) works
- Industry insights
We’ll provide legal detail in addition to a high level business summary overview.
We aim to make these sessions lively and engaging, and we look forward to hosting you!
Please feel free to forward the invitation on to any other colleagues who may be interested in attending.
WebEx details will be provided in the confirmation email.