We appreciate that our clients in the Aviation & Defence sectors have been particularly hard hit by the Covid-19 pandemic. As you navigate these difficult times and move towards a new normal, we’d like to offer you a chance to revisit contract law through our series of live webinars. These sessions, delivered by the engaging and highly regarded partner Andrew White, with support and context from Aviation & Defence sector lawyers, will include a mix of:
• restatement of essentials and detailed updates
• relevant case studies and examples
• practical take-aways
Please join us on 1st December 2020 at 09.00 LON/DUB, 10.00 CET, 17.00 SIN for the third in our series:
Interpreting agreements: core principles, key cases
This follows on from our recent sessions on force majeure and frustration of contracts and good faith under binding B2B agreements. Contract interpretation is a dry, technical legal topic. In this seminar we’ll aim to bring it to life by distilling principles and sharing key cases and examples in areas like:
• what to do when a contract is ambiguous?
• benefits and challenges of using formulae and worked examples
• do ‘Recitals’ matter?
• some drafting solutions to reduce disputes
• when can you rely on documents outside the agreement to shed light on it? How the UK Supreme Court has refreshed the law
Our goal is to help you build your toolkit of knowhow and solutions to add maximum value into your businesses. This will be a deep dive into the legal detail, rather than a high level business summary overview, and is aimed at those of you who want some real law!
Future sessions in the coming months will cover:
• Representations and warranties
• Variation of existing contracts
• Refresher on 'implied terms'
We look forward to hosting you at what are sure to be lively and engaging sessions!
Please feel free to forward the invitation on to any other colleagues who may be interested in attending.
WebEx details will be provided in the confirmation email.
For any enquiries please contact: Deanne Prudden.