During this seminar, we will examine the notion and take you through the timeline of a data breach. We will share with you our best practices on how to prepare for, handle, and follow up on a data breach and how to mitigate the risk of a breach through strong information governance practices.
Our team will notably delve into the requirements under the GDPR and the overlapping obligations with other legal instruments, including how to notify supervisory authorities and individuals.
Guest speaker, Nina Bryant, from FTI Consulting, will share her practical insights.
12:00 - 12:30
Arrival and sandwich lunch
12:30 - 14:30
• Introduction: Benoit Van Asbroeck
• Preparing for data breaches: Isis De Moortel & Simon Mortier
• Handling data breaches: Julien Debussche & Jasmien César
• Post-breach measures: Alexandra Voinescu
• Best practices for information governance: Nina Bryant (FTI Consulting)
14:30 - 15:00
Q&A and networking