As businesses look to reach consumers in both their home and international markets via websites, subscription services and apps, Bird & Bird’s international Consumer Law Group has developed an online audit and toolkit for consumer-facing businesses.
Our e-compliance product is broken down into two distinct, fixed-cost phases:
- Firstly, an audit phase for businesses’ existing website and/or mobile application for an overall assessment for compliance with:
- consumer protection and distance selling legislation;
- information disclosure obligations;
- data protection and privacy legislation; and
- financial services legislation.
- Following the audit, we provide a bespoke package of solutions to enable businesses to operate online in a legally compliant manner. These solutions include:
- terms and conditions of sale;
- consumer subscription terms;
- privacy policies including cookie consents;
- end-user licence agreements for apps.
We are able to assist businesses in the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Whether you are an established brand looking to refresh your online offering or a start-up wanting to ensure that you enter the market with your best foot forward, we can help.