Bird & Bird has secured four wins at the Managing Partners' Forum (MPF) Awards in London, and runner up in two categories.
The awards recognise management's contribution to strategy, leadership, the client experience, and operational excellence across all professional services, including accountancy, real estate, consultancy and law firms.
David Kerr, who has been CEO of Bird & Bird for 22 years, was awarded 'Exceptional Achievement by an Individual', for his consistently forward-thinking, innovative approach to client service and the strong global growth the firm has achieved under his leadership.
The firm also won:
- 'Best Corporate Culture' for it's distinctive, inclusive and nurturing culture, which has been preserved through significant growth and change;
- 'Best Programme for Leadership Development' for the firm's Women's Leadership Programme; and
- 'Best Collaboration with External Specialists' for the firm's CyberBox initiative, part of the twoBirds Client Solutions package, where we collaborate with cybersecurity leaders in forensic IT and security, insurers, educators and crisis communications specialists, enabling clients to adopt an integrated, multidisciplinary approach to cyber resilience.
Bird & Bird was also awarded runner up in two categories:
- 'Best Provision of Knowledge to Clients' for our Digital Marketing App, a first of its kind app that guides users on core aspects of digital marketing law across 17 jurisdictions; and
- 'Best Implementation of Systems or Technology' for our Matter Manager Toolkit, which was created for clients as a simple, user-friendly template to track project plans and progress reports.
Massimiliano Mostardini, Chairman, Bird & Bird who attended the awards said: "We are delighted with the recognition we have received at this year's awards. Our success in such a wide variety of categories is a testament to the innovative approach that we take in our teams across our entire network. As Chairman, I'm particularly proud of the award for Best Corporate Culture – Bird & Bird has a very unique, inclusive and nurturing culture, and it's been a particular mission of mine to ensure this is maintained as we grow. Congratulations to all our winners, and to everyone across the firm."
David Kerr, CEO, Bird & Bird said: "I'm very honoured to have been recognised by MPF, and thank them tremendously for this award. During my time as CEO, there's been a great deal of change, but with clarity of vision and strength of purpose, we've achieved great things as a firm. I truly believe you can't do anything without great people around you, and I've been lucky to be surrounded by incredible people. I'd like to say a huge congratulations to all our winners, and thank you to everyone involved for continuing to help us further our aim of being the number one law firm in the world for organisations being changed by technology and the digital world."