Continuing in our series of hot legal topics affecting the Aerospace & Defence industry, Consultant Wolf Von Kumberg and Data Protection Partner James Mullock take a look at the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its impact on the sector, in particular the recent European Court of Justice ruling, Schrems II. The transfer of personal data between the EU and other regions like the USA is a minefield for many aerospace, defence and security inhouse counsel and Schrems II has heightened data transfer concerns.
Wolf and James explore a number of aspects of data transfer and compliance, providing practical tips and guidance. The time stamp of each question is displayed below so that you can easily locate the subject you’re interested in.
- What is GDPR and how does it apply to US and Asian aerospace companies?' (01:55)
- What is Schrems II and why does it matter? (05:50)
- What are the key deadlines for action? (10:58)
- What steps should you take to deal with data transfer compliance? (13:10)
- What are the data transfer obligations to consider outside of the EU? (15:20)
- What should I do next? (19:12)
- What about employee data? (22:20)
To hear more about how the Bird & Bird team can help please get in touch.
Click here for video >
You may also be interested in our video: Key UK employment developments affecting the Aerospace & Defence industries.