The satellite and space activities sector is evolving rapidly, giving rise to many opportunities but also risks, including ensuring sustainable access to spectrum – Bird & Bird can work with you to help you navigate this developing landscape.
We have an extremely broad and unique breadth of experience in satellite communications and space activities. We differentiate ourselves from other full-service law firms by bringing to bear a specialist and international team of expert lawyers combining a wealth of regulatory and commercial expertise gained from working at in-house regulators, the European Space Agency, the European Commission and in international institutions. The team is complemented by a wider group of corporate, IP, competition, insurance and dispute resolution practitioners who have an in-depth understanding of all aspects relating to satellite communications and technology industry clients and projects.
Whether you're a satellite owner, operator, manufacturer, service provider, Government and regulatory agency, you can benefit from the outstanding track record we have established, including assisting with:
- advocacy at national, EU and international level
- commercial exploitation arrangements
- dispute settlement
- export control
- filing/over-filing disputes
- frequency filings, orbital slot allocation, coordination and notification issues at national or ITU level
- issues relating to satellite applications
- operations and services contracts
- PPP agreements
- procurement and launch contracts
- regulatory and licensing
- risks of liability involving the spacecraft itself, transmission of content, regulatory compliance and contravention satellite-related disposals and transfers
- uplinking and downlinking services, for voice, data, and video communications as well as on transponder leasing