The high profile nature of professional sports mean that those involved in the industry, either as sports persons or as a sports business, are never far from the headlines. At Bird & Bird we can draw on our international multi-disciplinary team to help those involved in the sports industry to understand their international tax obligations and develop plans to ensure that they remain in the headlines for sporting and not tax reasons.
What We Do
We help both individuals and businesses in the sports industry navigate through the maze of international tax rules by providing bespoke tax advice covering:
- remuneration strategies
- payments to agents and third parties
- commercial deals
- non-resident individuals performing in the UK
- non-resident sports businesses acting in the UK
- image rights
- private wealth for Sports professionals
- corporate tax for sports business
- disputes with regulatory and revenue bodies
- Taxation of gambling syndicates.
How we do it
We work closely with sports businesses and professionals to help them understand the issues affecting their tax liabilities and provide a holistic service that protects their needs based on their values and priorities, enabling them to:
- make better informed decisions by fully understanding the issues that affect them or might do so in the future
- protect their wealth by understanding and taking control of their affairs, especially with regard to current and future tax exposures, such as income tax and corporate tax
- build a comprehensive strategy that makes the best use of their wealth for themselves and their business
- manage any future spending demands, by knowing that their tax affairs are being proactively managed.