Shing is a corporate lawyer specialising in venture capital, private equity and M&A.
Shing is a partner in our International Corporate Group based in the London office.
She specialises in venture capital, private equity and mergers and acquisitions transactions, with a strong focus on developing our international venture capital practice (Band 1 ranking in Chambers and Partners UK).
Shing holds a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce (Economics and Finance) from the University of Sydney, and has completed the Private Equity and Venture Capital executive education course at Harvard Business School. She previously worked at the Economic Development Board in Singapore administering co-financing scheme for start-ups.
Shing maintains active English and Australian law practices, and has deep knowledge of both the UK and Australian venture capital markets.
In respect of key UK VC deals, she has advised on the following:
- Smedvig Capital: on its financing of Infinity Tracking (marketing technology business);
- Darktrace (a cyber security company): on its Series B financing led by Summit Partners and subsequent Series C financing led by KKR;
- Index Ventures: on its Series B financing of Citymapper;
- Index Ventures: on its Series A financing of London House Exchange trading as Property Partner (a real estate crowdfunding platform);
- Property Partner: on its Series B financing led by Octopus Ventures;
- Crowdcube (a crowdfunding platform): on its Series B financing led by Numis Securities and follow-on financing by Draper Esprit; and
- Qubit (an analytics platform): on its Series C financing led by Goldman Sachs and subsequent follow-on investment by Sapphire Ventures, Accel and Salesforce Ventures.
In respect of key Australian VC deals, she has advised on the following:
- Index Ventures: on its Series B financing of SafetyCulture;
- Atlassian (a maker of software-development and collaboration tools): on its re-domiciliation from Australia to the UK;
- Campaign Monitor (an email marketing and design solutions software company): on its financing from Insight Venture Partners; and
- BigCommerce (an e-commerce platform business): on its Series A financing from General Catalyst Partners and subsequent Series B financing from General Catalyst Partners and Floodgate.
Shing also regularly acts on private equity and M&A transactions related to technology companies. In the UK, she recently acted for AXIO (backed by Electra Partners) on its disposals of the MIMs group in the Asia-Pacific region to a Japanese purchaser consortium, MRO Network to Penton and IASIST to IMS Health, and its acquisition of Chipworks Inc. (a global leader in the intellectual property and technology services market with operations in Canada and Asia).