Robert is a commercial lawyer who has expertise in advising in the sports, media and retail industries.
Robert is a partner in the Commercial group whose predominant practice is divided into two complementary areas.
First, Robert advises on a variety of commercial contracts, with a strong focus on the Sports sector. Robert has significant experience in advising on some of the most high profile commercial sports transactions in the UK and also provides regular commercial support to a number of Premier League football clubs and sports governing bodies. Robert has undertaken various secondments to Arsenal FC (lasting, in total, over 18 months) and a virtual secondment to Chelsea FC.
Secondly, Robert is a key part of the firm's Retail and Consumer group. Robert is the London office's expert on consumer law (i.e. the law in relation to business-to-consumer contracts) and advises on the full range of B2C contracts, including:
- subscription terms for digital content;
- terms of sale for e-commerce platforms and digital marketplaces;
- end user licence agreements for mobile apps;
- refunds policies for physical retail shops;
- social media influencer agreements;
- acceptable use policies for online chat rooms and other interactive website features; and
- ticketing terms for public events.