Richard leads the Firm's International Dispute Resolution Group in the Asia Pacific region.
Richard focuses on handling litigation, international arbitration and investigations for clients operating in highly regulated environments including the financial services, telecommunications, energy, aviation and life sciences sectors.
He acts for governments, multi-national corporations, professional services firms and high-net worth individuals across the region. He has been resident in Hong Kong for over 17 years and during that time has acted in some of the region’s highest profile disputes.
Richard has particular expertise in:-
- litigation arising out of equity and debt capital markets, and in the distribution of financial products and investment funds;
- complex disputes in relation to private equity and major infrastructure investments;
- advising listed companies, licensed individuals and senior directors/officers of major corporations and financial institutions in relation to investigations by various regulatory bodies including the SFC, HKMA, CIB and the HKICPA;
- shareholder and boardroom litigation, including in particular cross-border disputes arising out of joint ventures in China; and
- acting in professional disputes and disciplinary proceedings for a wide range of professionals including solicitors, accountants, brokers and licensed individuals.
Richard is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and the Hong Kong Institute of Directors.