Richard is a partner in the Corporate Group, based in London.
Richard's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and public offerings, including public and private placements for UK and US issuers and inward and outward-bound acquisition transactions. My clients include companies engaged in a wide range of technology sectors such as semiconductor design, alternative energy and cleantech, software and security products and range from start ups to FTSE100.
Richard's experience includes representation of both UK and foreign companies in the acquisition of both public and private companies and the representation of both UK and foreign issuers and underwriters on IPOs and follow-on offerings.
A selection of his recent work includes advising:
- RhythmOne: on its spin-out from Autonomy and its $50m IPO and its subsequent $30m acquisition of Burst Media, $65m acquisition of Rhythm New Media and C$42.5m acquisition of Perk;
- CR Laurence: on its $1.3bn sale to CRH;
- Lorillard: on its £30m acquisition of SkyCig;
- Darktrace: on its $18m venture funding lead by Invoke and $65m funding lead by KKR;
- eBECS: on its strategic alliance with CSC;
- DTS: on its acquisition of All In Media;
- Providence Corporation: on its $225m acquisition of Ingeus;
- MessageLabs: on the spinout of its ISP business and its subsequent US$695m sale to Symantec;
- Autonomy: on its IPO, subsequent debt and equity raisings and acquisitions, including the US$375m acquisition of Zantaz and the US$500m acquisition of Verity;
- Wolfson Microelectronics, Optos, Eyretel and nCipher listing on their respective listings on the main market;
- Atlantic Bridge Ventures: on its £265m acquisition of the telecoms products division of LogicaCMG plc; and
- SPI Lasers, Gas Turbine Efficiency, Gatekeeper Systems, Ocean Power Technologies and ReGen Therapeutics on their respective AIM listings.