As a partner based in Düsseldorf, I lead the German regulatory and administrative team, which is amongst the most recognised in Germany.
Operating as a specialist lawyer and coordinator for large and complex infrastructure and compliance projects with in-depth technical know - how in information technology and public procurement - as well as a TÜV-certified external data protection officer and IT Compliance Manager - I focus on the planning, realisation and reorganisation of high-calibre technology and infrastructure projects in the public sector, as well as in- and out-of-court litigation, mediation and arbitration.
I specialise in public procurement and contract law, IT and communication technology law as well as competition and antitrust law. I have extensive experience in project management and an in-depth knowledge of sectors including defence and security, technology and communications, healthcare, energy and utilities (water, energy and disposal), transport and logistics (ÖPNV, SPNV) as well as planning and construction.
As well as writing for legal journals and business titles, I have contributed to an extensive list of publications. I am the co-editor and author of the leading commentary on German public procurement law (Byok/Jaeger, Vergaberecht, 4. Auflage June 2018), public procurement reporter for the Neue Juristische Wochenschrift (NJW, current edition 23/2019, starting on page 1650) and co-editor of 'Digital Health' (specialist publication under Handelsblatt). I am a member of the IT law working group in the German Lawyers Association and further relevant German associations.
Feel free to contact me via Xing or watch my videos on YouTube, where I talk in greater detail about the following subjects (the videos are in German):
• Lifting of procurement procedures (Aufhebung von Vergabeverfahren);
• The new IT security law (das neue IT-Sicherheitsgesetz);
• Pitfalls and new opportunities for bidders (Gefahren und neue Chancen für Bieter);
• The risk of violating trade secrets (das Risiko des Missbrauchs von Betriebs- und Geschäftsgeheimnissen);
• Making available tender documents according to new public procurement law (Zugänglichmachung der Vergabeunterlagen nach neuem Vergaberecht).