Adriano has a solid background in technology and a wide range of experience.
Adriano is a senior associate in the Commercial department, based in London.
His work covers a range of commercial areas in both the Tech & Comms and Defence sectors. He advises on the contractual and compliance aspects of transformational projects, public procurements, outsourcings and other commercial arrangements relating to fixed, mobile and satellite telecoms, IT and many other technologies.
His recent client work includes advising:
- a UK satellite operator, on the drafting and negotiation of a bespoke design and manufacturing contract for several Earth observation satellites
- a US defence contractor, on the negotiation and post-signature support of an £8 billion contract with the UK MoD for commodities and logistics services;
- a major European aerospace company, on the negotiation and drafting of a £1 billion contract for the supply of helicopters and services for the UK MoD's military flight training system;
- a major UK telecommunications operator, on a complex renegotiation of some of the site sharing arrangements for its radio access network;
- a spacecraft manufacturer and operator, on the national and international regulations relating to spectrum licensing and orbital slots;
- a financial services company, on a number of its supplier arrangements relating to IT and telecoms services;
- two large IT suppliers, on their provision of healthcare systems into the primary and secondary care sectors of the NHS.
Adriano holds a Masters degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering and began his career in the aerospace industry as a graduate engineer with EADS Astrium (now Airbus Defence & Space) where he was trained in the design and development of telecommunication satellites. Whilst at Astrium he also held a commercial officer position in their legal and commercial group where he assisted with the procurement and negotiation of ARTES contracts from the European Space Agency.