Teams from Bird & Bird Paris, Brussels, Milan and London advised the French ground defence group Nexter Systems on its acquisition of the Belgian company Mecar SA and the Italian Simmel Difesa Spa, both munitions manufacturers.
The companies were bought from Chemring Group Plc for an overall amount of €170 million.
Mecar and Simmel Difesa have a combined turnover of almost €187 million.
The Bird & Bird team was led:
- on the corporate side by Gildas Louvel (Partner), assisted by Emilie Barbezieux-Jarry (Senior Associate), and Iman Skkioussat,
- as regards tax by Laurence Clot (Partner) and Vaea Pery (Senior Associate).
The team was supported by Bird & Bird's offices in:
- Milan (on the corporate side by Alberto Salvadè (Partner), Simone Cadeddu (Partner), and Francesco Barbieri; as regards tax by Eleonora Briolini (Partner) and Pietro Gracis (Senior Tax Advisor),
- In Brussels (on the corporate side by Marc Marteens (Partner), and Marie Petre; as regards tax by Brent Springael),
- and London (on the corporate side by Matt Bonass (Partner); as regards tax by Mathew Oliver (Associé) et Adam Singer).
Nexter Systems was also advised by BNP (Amaury Lefébure andThan Mai Duong), by 8Advisory (Christian Berling and Gennat Mouline), by Arcadis (Corentin Lemonnier) and by Flichy (Charlotte Michaud).
Chemring Group was advised by Freshfields London (on the corporate side by Simon Marchant and Stephen Hewes, Richard Jones and Tamara Young ; as regards tax by Peter Clements and Helen Mackey).