There is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to cyber preparation.
The current response of the business sector to cyber risk is erratic and often misguided. There is a tendency to waste time, energy and money in searching for a ‘silver bullet’ and adopting a patchwork strategy in the misguided aspiration to cyber-attack-proof the system.
Businesses should adopt an integrated, multidisciplinary approach to cyber resilience.
In order to offer clients a more complete solution to cyber protection we have teamed up with:
- forensic IT and penetration testing experts, Context IS
- a PR agency specialising in crisis communications and management, MHP
- specialist cyber insurance brokers, Aon
- a cyber assessment specialist, Crossword CyberSecurity
What is different about CyberBox?
The combination of a multidisciplinary specialist approach is unique in the UK marketplace.
The CyberBox team came together as a result of a set of common beliefs:
- Businesses are overly focused on finding a technological panacea to ward off all cyberattacks. Too much time, attention and money is being wasted on this quest.
- Businesses fixate on protection and are as a result inadequately prepared for a cyber incident when it occurs. In reality it is a matter of 'when' not 'if' you will be successfully attacked.
- Too many businesses are happy to see cyber threats as the sole domain of the CIO or their equivalent. We are adamant that you need a wider skills set. Unless you adopt a multidisciplinary approach you will not be prepared to deal with all of the potential impacts of a serious cyber incident.