The ins and outs for those who have been assigned with data protection compliance.
There's enough hype around the GDPR so we will cut straight to the chase – if you have responsibility for data protection compliance, in particular if your organisation has appointed you (even volunteered you) for that role, then your business is looking to you to ensure that it is GDPR-ready by 25 May 2018.
Don’t worry, we got you covered.
Suitable for in-house legal teams, Data Protection Officers (DPOs), Chief Privacy Officers, compliance teams, information security professionals and marketing teams, the Bird & Bird one day GDPR – Need to Know course will equip those new to data protection and the GDPR with background knowledge to the new law as well as guidance and practical tools to help your organisation's compliance readiness.
Members of the Bird & Bird leading Data Protection team will cover topics including:
- The DPO role and related GDPR implications
- Jurisdiction - how the GDPR will regulate multi-national and international organisations
- Accountability: what is it and how to design a program for your organisation?
- Fair and lawful processing under the GDPR, including privacy notices, profiling activities and marketing consents
- Individual rights, such as data portability, the right to erasure and subject access
- Contracting with suppliers and partners
- Data transfer compliance
- Data breach notification under the GDPR
- Regulatory enforcement and appeals
Click here to find out about Continuing Competence. This topic relates to Sections A2 and A4 of the SRA Statement of Competence.
A detailed programme will be sent closer to the date with a breakdown of all the sessions.
Cost - £450
Please click here to RSVP.