This seminar provides an in-depth and practical look at the challenging world of European employment law in the context of acquisitions and restructuring, with particular focus on:
- An overview of the European legal landscape
- Union rights and works councils
- Data Protection Highlights
- Mandatory employee transfer rules and employment contracts
- Pre- and post-acquisition considerations (including due diligence)
- Developing an effective strategy in choosing acquisition targets
This is a seminar that no in-house lawyer or HR professional with current or contemplated business in Europe can afford to miss.
Chairing the event will be Northrop Grumman's former European Assistant General Counsel, Wolf von Kumberg, who has over 25 years of practical experience dealing with European transactions and restructuring projects.
He will be joined by employment and data protection lawyers from across Bird & Bird's international offices, who will provide the full range of cross-jurisdictional and strategic employment law expertise that any company contemplating or already doing business in Europe will need to know.
The seminar coincides with the England v Wales UEFA Euro 2016 football match. We will finish just in time for the 14:00 kick-off and invite you to join us for an afternoon of networking, where we will be screening the match live alongside a drink reception.
Would you like to attend?