The need for healthcare operators in the UK to ensure their cyber plans are up to scratch is now becoming more urgent. The form of the EU's cyber-facing Network Information Security Directive has been agreed and adoption into local law is expected in 2018. Healthcare operators are within the crosshairs of that legislation. In the USA healthcare operators are one of the key targets for cyber-attack and experience in cyber-space shows that what starts in the US sooner or later makes its way to Europe with the first footfall usually being the UK.
While general cyber-awareness grows with each cyber casualty that hits the headlines, cyber space is becoming crowded with alarmists and snake oil salesmen. Businesses still focus on searching for a silver bullet cure as opposed to taking reasonable precaution and preparing to deal with an attack when it occurs and adopt a piecemeal approach to their planning.
Our presentation to healthcare operators sets out the acid facts of the cyber threat relevant to healthcare operators from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Bird & Bird LLP – What you need to know about the law and cyber
- Aon – What you need to know about cyber insurance
- Context IS – What you need to know about penetration testing and cyberattack forensics
- MHP – What your CEO needs to know to avoid a "Dido moment"
- Crossword CyberSecurity - What you need to know about preparing your cyber defences
Would you like to attend?