The new Public Contracts Regulations (implementing the 2014 public procurement Directive) will be coming into force imminently, bringing in sweeping changes to public procurement law in England and Wales.
This session will look at key aspects of the new Regulations from a practical perspective, highlighting the changes and their real life implications for contracting authorities, bidders and suppliers. We will be looking in depth at two particularly significant areas:
- Changes to the procurement procedures: what this will mean in practice to how authorities design and run procurements and bidders take part in them
- The rules on amendments to live contracts, including:
- The impact of recent case law
- Practical considerations in terms of making and accommodating changes
- The authority's right of termination and wider implications in terms of remedies
We will also be allowing time for Q&A and discussion on these points and on any other questions you may have on the new Regulations.
Peter Elliott, Partner, Public Projects and Procurement
Victoria Moorcroft, Associate, EU and Competition
Roger Bickerstaff, Partner, Public Projects and Procurement
Would you like to attend?