13.00 - 13.40
Registration and lunch
13.40 - 14.50
Infrastructure development, cross-platform consolidation and convergence
- The future for networks and network owners
- Investment, risk and financing
- Third party access
- Operators mere bit carriers and/or multi-media players?
- Future Internet(s) - UK role?
- Impact of OTT services and applications
Raj Sivalingam: Executive Director - Telecoms and Spectrum, techUK
Stuart Revell: Chief Technology Officer, tech UK
Stephen Ainsworth: Relationship Director, or Sean Duffy, Director, Barclays
Matthew Redding: Director of Joint Ventures & Partnerships, Legal Affairs, EE
Richard Allwood: Group Strategy Director, BT
14.50 - 15.25
The future for regulation
- Is regulation working, well-targeted, consistent?
- Impact of EU directives and initiatives: force for good or no?
- Role of Governments and regulators
- Regulatory decision-making: legal challenges more or less likely?
A conversation with Dr Nick Munn: Head of Spectrum Policy, DCMS/BIS, Digital Economy Unit
15.30 - 15.55
15.55 - 16.25
Privacy and security
- Challenges posed by technology advances: e.g. the Internet of Things/Everything, Big Data, eHealth
- Social media
- International approaches to data privacy and cyber security
- Regulation of data access, message interception/monitoring
Guest speakers and Bird & Bird
16.25 - 17.25
The march of spectrum
- Essentiality of spectrum for ubiquitous modern communications
- Spectrum resources, access, re-farming, sharing and trading
- Government and regulatory policy approaches
- EU/other International coordination, harmonisation and intervention
Rachel Clark: Director of Spectrum Policy, Ofcom
Wassim Chourbaji: Head of Public Policy & Government Affairs Europe, Middle East & North Africa, Qualcomm
Daniela Genta: Head of Regulatory Affairs, AirbusKumar Singarajah: Head of Regulatory, Avanti
17.25 - 17.45