09:00 - 09:30
Arrival and refreshments
09:30 - 11:30
The workshop will analyse the legal and practical implications of complying with the legislation and will cover the following subjects:
- The structure and scope of the new corporate criminal offences
- How the extra-territorial scope of the offences will impact Dubai based corporates
- The nature of the statutory defence – how is it expected to apply and the HMRC guidance on reasonable procedures
- Tricky issues – for example, where is the line between tax avoidance and evasion, how does a corporate identify its associated persons and the facilitation risks that they may present and how will a corporate be investigated and prosecuted?
- Methodologies for helping to build enhanced policies and procedures
- De-risking the business – how to deal with problem legacy cases and the importance of doing so
- Initial period compliance – what will be required of corporates in the early days of the offences?
11:30 - 12:00
Coffee and networking