Bird & Bird London is delighted to host special guest, China based partner Ai-Leen Lim, for an interactive breakfast discussion on the latest developments on trade mark law and practice in Greater China (Hong Kong and mainland China).
Ai-Leen heads Bird & Bird's Asian IP Portfolio Management Practice and will be addressing trade mark issues by working through a hypothetical case study with attendees.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Non-traditional (e.g. 3 dimensional) trade mark protection in China
- The criteria for trade marks to qualify as being well- known in China
- Market peculiarities to be considered in trade mark selection
- Recent judicial and administrative trends impacting the enforcement of trademark rights in China
- Customs actions in China and Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong shadow companies whose registered names consist of marks that are not owned by their shareholders, among others.
This is a "must attend" and would be benefical for any in-house counsel or senior management who are part of an international business with significant brand assets and a commercial interest in the Greater China market as well as trade mark professionals who regularly work on their clients' trade mark portfolios which cover the Greater China region.
For more information on this seminar please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.