We are pleased to invite you to our upcoming event on data protection in sports, organised jointly between the law firms Bird & Bird LLP and BianchiSchwald LLC.
The changes which will be introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May 2018 are substantial, and will significantly affect international and national federations and their regulatory activities. In parallel, Switzerland has undertaken a revision of its data protection law, which will also enter into force in 2018.
This event is designed to help sports organisations understand the upcoming data protection reforms in the EU as well as in Switzerland, and help them prepare for coming changes. Speakers from Bird & Bird and BianchiSchwald will discuss the impact of data protection on various fields of federations' core regulatory activities, such as anti-doping, integrity and disciplinary matters.
The event will focus on case studies to compare European and Swiss law solutions, covering issues such as:
- How will the GDPR / Swiss law revision affect international and national federations?
- How may the GDPR apply directly to international federations based in Switzerland?
- The specific impact on integrity, discipline and anti-doping processing, in particular:
- The role of consent;
- New data subject rights and;
- New accountability requirements such as impact assessments; How could non-compliance with data protection requirements affect the enforcement of sports regulations and use of the data in subsequent litigation?
- How can IFs start to prepare, and prepare their member federations, for the changes?
The presentations will seek to encourage discussions with the audience.
The event is free, but registration is required as available space is limited. We kindly ask you to register by Thursday 16 November.
Would you like to attend?