Bird & Bird's Sports Group continues its series of sports law breakfast seminars, prompting debate and discussion among industry participants.
Following years of growth, the sports world is feeling the effects of the credit crunch in the same way other sectors are. Broadcasters have become insolvent, sponsors have begun to dry up, and clubs/teams have gone into administration or withdrawn from competition. Few participants have been immune to the belt-tightening across all sports.
In our latest breakfast seminar, we will consider the impact of economic hardship and insolvency in the sports world. In what we hope will be an interactive forum, topics to be covered will include:
- an overview of the current financial state of sport in the UK
- key issues in insolvency, eg wrongful trading
- the implications of sponsor/broadcaster default
- practical tips when clubs or other stakeholders get into financial difficulty
- the key regulatory issues for insolvent participants
- seizing the potential upside
This seminar will be presented by Keith Harris, chairman of Seymour Pierce and advisor to a number of Premier League football clubs, and Brett Israel, joint head of Bird & Bird's International Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency Group.
If you would like to attend this seminar or require more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.