Bird & Bird's Tax and IP Groups would like to invite you to their patent box seminar on Wednesday 15 June from 08.30.
In May the Government will be publishing more consultation documents relating to the patent box, controlled foreign company rules and R&D reliefs. The proposals are likely to have a significant positive impact on the tax treatment of IP in the UK, particularly relating to patents.
To mark this event Bird & Bird's Tax and IP Groups are holding a joint seminar to discuss the proposed changes to the UK tax rules relating to IP.
We are delighted that speakers from HM Treasury and Alvarez & Marsal Taxand UK will join representatives from our UK tax and IP groups to discuss the proposals. At this stage the agenda is fairly open and will depend on the content of the draft consultation documents . However it is currently proposed that we will focus on the following areas:
- Mat Oliver from our UK Tax Group will outline the proposed tax changes to the holding of patents in the UK (the "patent box") and the proposals in respect of controlled foreign companies in so far as they relate to IP holding structures.
- Mark Hilton from our IP Group will discuss the practical impact of the proposed patent box regime for patent lawyers and IP managers.
- Kevin Hindley from Alvarez and Marsal will summarise the state of play for R&D reliefs in the UK and the impact of the proposed changes.
- Shiv Mahalingham from Alvarez and Marsal will discuss the overall impact of the proposals from a group transfer pricing perspective.
- Anna Floyer-Lea from HM Treasury will discuss the proposed patent box regime from HM Treasury's perspective
The seminar will conclude with a Q&A with the panel.
The seminar is aimed at in-house IP managers and patent attorneys who want to understand the impact of the changes on group IP management and structuring.
For further information, or to register to attend this seminar please contact the Events Team at email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7415 6000.
08.30 - 09.00
Registration and breakfast
09.00 - 10.00
10.00 - 10.30
Question and answer session with panel