All you need to know about outlining your patent strategy. Learn more about the possibilities and risks of the Unitary Patent and the Unified Patent court.
Bird & Bird is co-hosting the Unitary Patent Conference with IIR Legal. The conference will take place in Amsterdam on the 6th of February 2014. During this event, for international patent experts and decision makers, we will bring you up to speed about the changes concerning the Unitary Patent and the Unified Patent Court. For you as a patent expert, the conference will have deep impact on your patent strategy, risks and protection considerations.
- Update UPC: Local/regional divisions, fees, patent litigation certificate & IT system
- The results of the Public Consultation & most important changes in the Rules of Procedure
- Unitary Patent: practical issues, implementing rules & costs/fees discussion
- New strategies for patent protection & procedures
- Transitional period & opt-out system; how does it work in practice?
- The role of the European Patent Office (EPO)
- Expectations, wishes and fears of several EU in-house patent attorneys
- Paul van Beukering, Chairman of the Preparatory Committee for the Unified Patent Court
- Kevin Mooney, Chairman of the Drafting Committee for the Rules of Procedure for the Unified Patent Court
- Margot Fröhlinger, Principal Director Patent Law and Multilateral Affairs, European Patent Office (EPO)
- Richard Vary, Head of Litigation, Nokia
- Wouter Pors, Partner, Bird & Bird
- Alia Knight, Senior Counsel European Litigation, Teva Europe
For more information please contact Wouter Pors or Swaantje Taube.
Click here to register >
Would you like to attend?