This seminar, held in English, aims to provide international businesses operating in Italy with some essential know-how and practical tools about English contract law.
The session will be led by Andrew White, who is a London-based Bird & Bird partner and an experienced presenter. Andrew will be joined by colleagues from Bird & Bird's Milan office.
This session will be relevant for all sectors including corporate, technology, banking, finance, tax and energy.
9.00 - 9.30
- Registration and welcome coffee
9.30 - 10.45
Part 1: Building blocks of English contract law
- English judges and statutes: how the 'common law' system works
- 'good faith' in English commercial law
- 'subject to contract' and contract formation
- interpreting contracts
- implied terms
10.45 - 11.15
11.15 - 12.45
Part 2: Some core contract concepts as applicable in corporate and commercial transactions
- limitation of liability
- liquidated damages and penalties
- what is an 'indemnity'?
- indemnities in share purchase agreements
- direct and consequential loss
The seminar will be followed by a buffet lunch.
Would you like to attend?