Join Bird & Bird and CBRE for a joint breakfast seminar exploring Smart Buildings and the digital disruption of the Real Estate sector.
Digitalisation is becoming increasingly present in the Real Estate sector. Changing demands of end users in light of new technologies has led to an increased use of automation in the buildings we create and there is an undoubtable need for synergies between building infrastructure, ICT and business systems in order to deliver a successful "Smart Building".
The changing face of the Real Estate market in light of this technological revolution presents several challenges to be considered during the construction, maintenance, operation and sale of any building.
Held in conjunction with CBRE, members of our International Real Estate group will present the effects of digital disruption within the real estate market, highlight tenants' current and anticipated demands for office buildings influenced by new technologies available, and discuss the potential business and legal risks related to smart buildings, as well as showing how to handle these risks appropriately.
We will answer the following key questions:
- What are the challenges the real estate market is facing due to digitalisation and digital disruption, in particular considering the German example?
- What do tenants expect from office buildings? What are the current trends? How does this changes the current mindset?
- Which issues can arise in the course of cooperation and/or integration of the office building, ICT, and t business systems?
- How do you protect the data and confidential information gathered during the operation of the office building, and what is the significance of these data during operation or sales?
- How do you deal with and allocate the (cyber)security risks connected with smart buildings?
- How can rapidly changing software systems be adapted to the permanent nature of the buildings and their structure?
- Which practical and legal issues arise in connection with flexible and co-shared workstations?
- What issues can arise during negotiations and the life-cycle of transactions, lease and maintenance agreements?
The seminar will be particularly useful for developers, operators, designers, landlords, tenants, and investors.
Entry to the event is free of charge and will be held in English language.
Would you like to attend?