Bird & Bird's International Life Sciences group is holding a conference on Health Product Liability in the EU on Thursday 15 April 2010, in Paris.
In a global market, health product liability cases have become cross-border not only in geographical reach but also in terms of the protagonists, authorities, media, healthcare communities and Courts involved.
Experts from our international offices and correspondents, along with guest speakers from industry will give you an overview of the following topics:
- The range of legislation across the EU
- What is a defective product? (drugs, devices, vaccines, cosmetics, other)
- Appropriate product information
- Information in the Summary of Product Characteristics or in the Patient Information Leaflet
- Case law illustrations of the risk/benefit analysis
- Some practical difficulties (imputability, level of proof required)
- Exoneration through development risk
- Approaching the claim as a global issue, not as a mere Court case; concluding the case without publicity.
The presentation will consider drugs, medical devices, vaccines and cosmetics.
For further information, or to register to attend this seminar please contact the Events Team at email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7415 6000.