Bird & Bird is delighted to invite you to a two part series of webinars focusing on legal staffing structures in Asia Pacific.
Part One – our case study will focus on hiring local employees and the various staffing structures available. In particular we will take a look from the perspective of each of the jurisdictions on:
- Who is the employer in our scenarios posed? The current legal principles for determining the rights and obligations in respect of the various categories of staff from employee to consultants.
- Applying the legal principles to more complex business situations from recruitment process outsourcing to managed service provider staffing arrangements.
- A look at the local rules for dispatch or agency workers and issues surrounding co-employment.
Part Two – our case study will focus on bringing in staff from outside of the jurisdiction and moving into or expanding operations in new markets:
- Immigration obligations for non-local staff including quotas and time-lines in practice
- What is legally possible, what entity structures are required and what are the risks if you need people on the ground before there is a local entity established.
- Using foreign law to avoid local employment law obligations and the extent to which this works.
- Bringing in talent on a short-term, secondment basis.
The webinar will be led by Pattie Walsh (Co-Head of our Asia Pacific Employment Practice) as well as members of our highly regarded International Employment team – Leila Moddel (Australia), Ying Wang (China), Jeannette Tam (Hong Kong) and Shu Yi Chye (Singapore).
Login and dial-in details will be circulated in advance of the webinar to confirm registration.
Would you like to attend?