For this round table we welcome Alison Wong, (IP partner - Hong Kong) and Sven Michael Werner, (Corporate partner - Shanghai) who will speak about the latest developments in China covering both IP and corporate sides and offer some good advice for those who would like to do business in China.
During this event, we will cover:
- Protection of intellectual property rights, trade secrets and effective enforcement at the administrative level and in the Chinese Courts.
- Implications of the new Trade Marks law- effective on 1 May 2014
- Legal landscape for companies following NDRC investigations and implementation of the Anti-Monopoly Laws
- Evolving foreign investment regime in China – is the Shanghai Free Trade Zone a template?
- Consumer goods in China – Update on retail related developments.
Alison Wong, IP partner, Bird & Bird Hong Kong
Alison is a partner in the Hong Kong/China IP group. She specialises in the conduct and supervision of multijurisdictional IP and patent litigation in Asia and has worked extensively in the life sciences, banking and electronics sectors.
Her non contentious practice covers the development and implementation of IP protection strategies, regulatory advice, IP audits and clearances, and domain name disputes.
Sven Michael Werner, Corporate partner, Bird & Bird Shanghai
Sven-Michael has over 12 years of experience in practicing Chinese law. His extensive experience includes M&A and foreign direct investment transactions, with a strong focus on advising European clients in relation to their inbound investment into China.
Sven-Michael also regularly advises European and U.S. clients in the automotive, technology, media, life sciences, consumer goods, high end retail and services sectors in relation to commercial, compliance and anti-bribery matters.
Would you like to attend?