The Associates of our Intellectual Property Group presented the second seminar in the IP in Focus: Bird & Bird Associate Lecture Series 2010 on Thursday 25 March 2010 from 5.30pm.
The seminar, entitled 'Cutting through the red tape - getting to market and extracting value: a sector focus' was run in three parallel streams focusing on Life Sciences, Electronics and Food.
The seminar was aimed at in house counsel, patent and trade mark agents and those in relevant fields of academia or industry who either practise IP on a daily basis or who seek to be aware of IP issues.
- Marketing authorisation routes and the EC data exclusivity regime
- The role of Supplementary Protection Certificates
- Naming and advertising of medicinal products
- Parallel imports and repackaging of medicinal products
- Standards/Patent Pools
- Licensing: "it's a FRAND world"
- Litigation: the not so FRAND fall out
- Competition law - how effective is it?
- Health claims: current situation and practice Copycat branding issues including:
- Vodkat - the hangover
- L'Oreal v Bellure - unfair competition law for the UK?