The EU Council and the Parliament both adopted the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in April 2016 that will take effect after a two-year transition period and replace the EC directive 95/46/EC.
During our first GDPR Seminar we gave a general overview of the new regulation on the protection of the personal data (the GDPR). During this second iteration we will look closely at the HR consequences of the GDPR and focus on very pragmatic HR questions, such as:
- Can you still rely on the consent of the employee of the processing of his personal data?
- The impact of the GDPR on the difficult question of the monitoring of tele-communications.
- The HR consequences of the expanded right to access.
- The HR consequences of the right to be forgotten including on possible litigations with other employees.
- Should you be afraid of the (new) sanctions?
- Will the Commission strengthen its practice?
- Should you update all your policies?
- Where do we stand with respect to the transfer of HR data abroad - the aftermath of Schrems?
Bird & Bird Data HR specialists, lead by Christophe Delmarcelle, will guide you through these difficult questions and answer any queries you may have.
Would you like to attend?