Bird & Bird's Automotive Group would like to invite you to a seminar titled 'Key legal issues in the Automotive sector' on Wednesday 7th December 2011 from 09.00.
The Automotive industry is constantly faced with change in terms of economic climate, environmental issues, technological devlopment and legislations, to name but a few. These impulses command change at every step. This seminar will provide updates on some of the areas affected by change and the associated challenges facing the industry today.
This 'by invitation only' interactive forum brings together key industry players from both the civil and defence automotive sector.
Within the framework of a series of short presentations, we will examine various key topics affecting the automotive industry today including outsourcing, electronic vehicles and emissions issues, intellectual property and brand issues, and cartel investigations and specific competition law risks for automotive companies.We hope you can join us.
For further information, or to register to attend this seminar please contact the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7415 6000.
09.00 - 09.30
Registration and breakfast
09.30 - 11.00
Competition law and cartel investigations:
- The recent increase of cartel investigations in the automotive sector
- Learning from the recent investigations
- Specific competition law risks for companies in the automotive sector and ways to avoid them
Anne Federle, Partner, Bird & Bird
Intellectual property and brands in the online environment:
- Trademark update - Adwords dos and don'ts
- Use of the brand in social media - Advertising rule changes, how to engage without misleading, how to deal with online criticism
Phil Sherrell, Partner, Bird & Bird
Low carbon transport policy and its impact on the automotive sector:
- A refresher on renewable and emissions targets
- How policy is influencing the automotive sector:
- Technology: fuel efficiency, emissions reduction, biofuels, electric vehicles (including charging infrastructure) and driver behavioural change
- New business models
Matt Bonass, Partner, Bird & Bird
Helen Loose, Senior European Counsel, Bird & Bird
The effect of the stresses and strains of recession on outsource relationships in the Automotive Sector:
- An update on general outsourcing trends
- The contract tools for the renegotiation of outsource contracts
- Termination and its aftermath
Simon Shooter, Partner, Bird & Bird