Building blocks of English law.... and how they are changing
This section highlights some fundamental aspects of English law which are evolving:•'Good faith' in English commercial law
Jargon-busting on some core contract concepts
- Filling in gaps in a contract: implied terms
- New thinking on forming a contract
In this section Andrew will summarise some core English contract law concepts in a practical way and Matthias and Benjamin will provide comments:•Reasonable and best endeavours
- Material breach
- Gross negligence
- Direct, indirect and consequential loss
Essential features of English court procedure
We will provide an outline of various key features of court procedure: •the role of 'solicitors' and 'barristers'
- the concept of 'privilege'
- 'discovery' process in court litigation, and some rules of evidence, and how courts allocate legal costs of the parties.