With the ability to provide teams of expert lawyers in each of the major jurisdictions in Europe, Asia and the Middle East, Bird & Bird’s International Automotive Group ensures a uniformity of service, experience and approach, as well as joined-up thinking.
Our Group advises many companies in the sector including vehicle manufacturers, distributors and dealers as well as suppliers of production parts and investment goods, logistics businesses and investors. Our involvement is broad-based, spanning the entire lifecycle of a motor vehicle, from initial design to serial production, sale, distribution and, ultimately, disposal.
We provide a full range of corporate, commercial, IP, regulatory and competition advice from our offices across the globe, drawing on market-leading expertise in procurement, outsourcing, anti-trust and IT.
We help our clients with:
- warranty issues
- import and export controls
- product safety and liability
- new designs and technology
- all forms of recalls and field actions
- financing and investment opportunities
- environmental matters such as sustainability, green procurement or electro-mobility
- commercial contracts such as supply agreements for parts and prototypes, logistics and distribution agreements.
As a law firm focused on modern technologies, we are particularly well placed to assist as technology is the key to the competing demands of increased road safety, higher performance levels, environmental drivers, comfort, infotainment and value for money. Our service for you is based on a deep knowledge of the automotive industry and we genuinely understand the key dynamics of the marketplace as well as the business relationships that drive it.
Head of Group: Christian Kessel in Frankfurt.