Joanne joined Bird & Bird in February 2006 and is an associate in Bird & Bird's corporate group in London.
Joanne advises public and private companies on many aspects of corporate work, including domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and equity funding. Joanne also advises on general company law, corporate governance and regulatory matters.
Her experience includes advising:
- BAE Systems: Joanne was seconded to BAE Systems as in-house counsel for 10 months in 2009;
- Alternative Networks: share buybacks and general corporate matters;
- Asterand: acquisition of BioTech;
- Betbull: conversion to Societas Europaea and reduction of capital;
- Disney: acquisition of Climax Racing;
- Evolution Securities: joint venture relating to equity credit line product;
- Global Freight Exchange: disposal of GF-X to Descartes;
- Global Resource Solutions: private equity investment;
- Theo Fennell: share placing and general corporate matters;
- Toptable: share buyback;
- Sportfive: acquisition of sports marketing division of Formation Group and internal reorganisation; and
- Team Relocation: acquisition of the European Allied Pickford business in 16 jurisdictions.