Craig is a member of the Sport and Media Groups in London.
He advises on a range of commercial issues connected with sport, including commercial sponsorship, media rights agreements, image rights, staging agreements, agency agreements, merchandising, licensing, funding agreements, disciplinary matters and brand protection and ticketing measures.
His work also encompasses advising clients on e-commerce and advertising and promotional campaigns in broadcast and non-broadcast media, including comparative advertising, prize promotions and competitions, and complaints before the Advertising Standards Authority and Ofcom.
His recent experience includes advising:
- FIBA on the commercial programme for the 2010 FIBA World Championships in Turkey;
- The FA Group on a number of sponsorship, media rights and commercial agreements;
- Celtic Rugby on the sale of broadcasting rights to the Magners League;
- The European Broadcasting Union on the acquisition of media rights to sporting properties;
- A major department store on endorsement agreements with several leading Hollywood actors and actresses;
- A designer fashion label on the regulatory requirements for establishing a consumer retail website for the UK; and
- The Whitbread group on advertising campaigns for companies across their brand portfolio.
Craig has spent client secondments at both The Football Association and Sport England.