International law firm Bird & Bird has advised new client InMedia Invest 1 KS, a Norwegian private equity fund, on its recent Series A round financing of Half Minute Media Limited. The deal sees InMedia acquire an initial stake of 16.66% in Half Minute Media with an option to increase its equity interest to up to 31.99% of the fully diluted share capital over the next nine months.
Half Minute Media Limited (“HMM”) has developed a system that automatically detects and replaces broadcast TV advertising in real time using digital fingerprint matching. HMM’s system provides unilateral insertion of targeted advertising during the commercial breaks on live TV in venues where large audiences gather. Their initial market was central London sports bars where they have operated for four years. HMM now operates in bars and fitness clubs and is developing a market as a service provider to internet and mobile phone streaming (IPTV) operators. The company has also recently started operations in South Africa where it provides services to two of the country’s largest restaurant franchises. HMM holds two issued patents with several more applications pending.
Angus Miln, a Senior European Consultant in the Corporate Group, headed the Bird & Bird team, assisted by corporate associate, Richard Catling. Since joining Bird & Bird in January 2007, Angus has advised a number of new clients -including Index Ventures, Global Finance, Tate & Lyle Ventures, Sandpiper Investments Limited, Aescap Ventures and E-Synergy - on a series of venture capital investments and related transactions.
Half Minute Media Limited was advised by Harbottle & Lewis LLP.
For more information on this please contact Natalie Arestis, PR Manager on 020 7905 6248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to Editors
About Bird & Bird
Bird & Bird is a full service international commercial law firm with an in-depth knowledge of chosen industry sectors. We focus on aviation & aerospace, communications, banking & financial services, e-commerce, information technology, life sciences, media and sport.
With offices in Beijing, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, The Hague, Hong Kong, London, Lyon, Madrid, Milan, Munich, Paris, Rome and Stockholm, we offer our clients local expertise within a global context, helping them to realise their business goals both domestically and internationally.
Bird & Bird was identified as one of the Top 50 Law Firms in the world that has “taken the greatest strides towards globalisation while maintaining quality”, in a recent survey carried out by researchers for the PLCWhich Lawyer? Yearbook.
About Half Minute Media
HMM automates seamless insertion of advertising during the commercial breaks on live TV in venues where large targeted audiences gather.
The HMM digital fingerprinting technology recognises ad-break "bumpers" - those programme idents, or sponsor messages that come before and after every break for adverts. HMM use the technology in an entry-level PC to identify when the adverts have started and then switch to a different channel for the duration of the ad-break:
- Careful venue selection and ongoing contact with venue partners allows HMM to understand their clientele and offer a unique level of targeting and market reach
- With many ad breaks occurring during high profile sporting events and peak trading hours, HMM offer prime media space for a fraction of the cost of traditional TV advertising
- Unlike conventional TV options the HMM inventory is screened across all broadcasts. Therefore one contract buys all key events and peak times across all major channels
- The HMM platform has a limited advertisement inventory to ensure ample frequency and optimum exposure
- HMM provides numerous advertising and pricing options to suit a particular campaign
- The flexibility of the HMM platform allows advertising to be received, scheduled, distributed and be live within 5 hours
For more information on Half Minute Media Ltd please go to www.halfminute.com