Welcome to the January 2015 International data protection enforcement bulletin.
In addition to a review of enforcement action taken in many of the jurisdictions in which Bird & Bird has offices, highlights up to December 2014 include :
- Controversial data retention laws proposed for Australia
- The Czech DPA sheds light on the “right to be forgotten”
- Analysis of recommendations from the French Unfair Terms Commission addressing data protection and privacy clauses provided by social networks
- Update on recent decision, authorities and guidance from the Italian DPA
- More strict requirements for opt-in direct marketing in Poland
- Healthcare guidelines from the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission
- Guidance from the Slovak DPA on BCRs and on purposes of personal data processing
- New obligations imposed on medium-sized and large enterprises on whistleblowing in Slovakia
View the full Bulletin (PDF) >> or see our quick links below.
Enforcement tables by country
Data protection news