VAT and the City: Banking, Finance and Insurance, Seventh edition
VAT and the City is a major reference book designed to present reliable and easily accessible information to those involved in advising on VAT in banking, finance and insurance.
This edition has been substantially updated to take account of a number of important developments since the sixth edition was published in 2007, including:
• The introduction of the VAT Package on 1 January 2010, particularly in relation to the change of the place of supply of services
• EU Council Implementing Regulation No 282/2011
• Details of the EU’s progress on implementing reforms to the exemption of insurance and financial services
• UK and EU case law developments
• Finance Act 2012 developments, such as the introduction of cost-sharing groups
• Updates to HMRC Notices and HMRC Finance VAT manual
• New chapters on VAT treatment of Mergers & Acquisitions and VAT on Banking and Electronic Services
• The VAT treatment of certain services following the FSA’s Retail Distribution Review.
VAT and the City has a user-friendly style and is fully cross-referenced. As discussed in the Foreword by Michael Conlon QC: ‘VAT and the City is the invaluable vade-mecum for the practitioner and in-house expert alike’.
VAT & The City is available to purchase on CCH's website